September 2026

S M T W T F S
  123 4 5
678 9 10 1112
13 141516 1718 19
20 212223242526
27282930   

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Thursday, September 17th, 2026 04:41 pm
"Cloverfield"  is a found footage movie documenting one night when a going away party in Manhattan is interrupted by the appearance of a giant monster.  Everything is captured by a rather high, hand held  end and battery stiff camera by a guy who was supposed to just get testimonials at the party.  The resulting movie shows little of the monster but a lot of the pathos of a few friends just trying to survive the night. 

While most horror/alien/monster movies concentrate on the monsters this is ground level people focused from start to finish.  Definitely a movie lovers movie and not for the general public. 
 
Tags:
Friday, September 18th, 2026 04:18 am (UTC)
It took me forever to see Cloverfield because while found footage can be such a cool device (is that the word?), I've been reluctant to watch movies that utilize it after getting burned a few times. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it!